Thursday, June 25, 2009
My mom was not feeling very well on Monday and Tuesday of this week (she had steadily been feeling better as she was healing from her open-heart surgery 6-2-09) and when she had her first cardiac rehab therapy appt. on Tuesday she found out she was in a-fib. Later Tuesday night she was feeling worse and my aunt beth had come down to help out again this week so she and my dad decided it would be a good idea to take her to an Urgent Care Clinic. They admitted her to the hospital Tuesday night and said they were going to keep her for 23 hours. They discovered that she has pneumonia in both lungs and additionally, yesterday, they found that her bloodwork showed elevated numbers for her liver. Her liver numbers have gotten worse, so they kept her in the hospital again last night. She is still there today, and I have not heard any updates. She has an appt. with her heart surgeon in Indianapolis tomorrow (Friday) morning. Hopefully she will be able to go to this appointment and the surgeon might have more insight into what is going on and how to best help my mom. Please say a little prayer, if you have a minute, for my mom's health and recovery from open-heart surgery to improve. Thank you so much!!!